Tuesday, December 8, 2009

18 weeks 4 days

Kylie Paige Griswold

We had our monthly checkup yesterday at 3:45, my mom went with us. I couldn't sleep at all the night before...so anxious and excited. When we got there, they weighed me, I am 138 lbs...a total of 10 lbs gained from start to now...not bad...right on track actually. It was kinda hard to see the gender because the umbilical cord was between her legs, but you could still see the lines. The appointment before this we saw the 3 lines, but I didn't want to announce the sex as a girl because I felt it was a little too soon (I was about 14 weeks then). I had a feeling it was a girl for the last 2 months anyways, so the ultrasound was just confirmation. Matthew doesn't want to go out and buy a bunch of pink stuff because he isn't convinced that the baby is a girl...he said that it wasn't obvious and the doctor didn't say he is 100% positive it is. So, next appointment might convince him *wink*. Before the appointment Matthew told me not to get my hopes up that we will know what it is, and sure enough, the umbilical was being a bit of an inconvenience. But even my mom was able to see that she is a girl. Kylie had her little hands by her face, rubbing her head, her little legs kicking around. We could see her face, she looks so beautiful. Her heart rate was 158 last visit, this time it was 150. Strong and steady. After our appointment, we talked to one of the nurses...she was setting up paperwork for the genetic disorder testing...we asked if it was really that necessary...she said no, its our choice, so we chose not to do it. We have no intentions of terminating the pregnancy even if there are problems, so why know and stress over it for the rest of the pregnancy. LOL, even right this moment, she is kicking me...she is doing just fine, but either way, we love her and always will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment