Monday, May 9, 2011

Kylies First Birthday





















Where should I begin? I was a wreck the week of her birthday. Felt like nothing would be ready in time. The night before I got everything cleaned and baked. Attempt #1 on Kylies cake...forgot to spray the Giant Cupcake pan, so I threw that away and started over, bummed because it was going to be chocolate top and vanilla bottom, but attempt #2 I remembered to grease the pan but when I took it out of the oven, it still stuck inside the pan. I was emotional, frustrated, and tired, I said screw it, and went to bed leaving the cake to cool in the pan. That morning I got it out but it was damaged...#3 the bottom was damaged so bad there was no repairing it, but the top looked great. We ended up only using the top so her cake looked nothing like a cupcake. Bummed and embarrassed, I did not take pictures of it. The little cupcakes were okay though. My best friend Samantha came over early to help decorate, she was a party saver...without her I don't think my sanity would have been held in place. The decorations looked great, the food delish, and our guests all came except Matt's grandparents, which is completely understandable. Kylie went down around noon which is later than usual. Her naps have been about 1 1/2 hours long so I figured okay she will be a half hour late yo her party...nope, the one day I need her to take a short nap she sleeps hard for 2 hours and we had to wake her. She was definitely shocked by all the people in the living room, but she warmed up and we began with gifts. She was so excited about them, she carried them around to show everyone, she even seemed to be reading the cards. It took a while but we finally finished presents and went straight for cake...she wasn't as messy as I expected, and didn't seem to love it. LOL. She got some really great gifts. Clothes (which was much needed), kitchen, play food, tea set, Magnedoodle, leapfrog farm animal learning for the fridge, and lots of awesome books. After everyone left Kylie seemed over stimulated and ready for bed again, but she ended up staying up playing with grandpa and uncle Corey till about 9pm. Needless to say, I'm glad its.over. Not everything worked.out as I had planned, but its.okay, it wasn't about all that, it was all about Kylie bug! My baby is already one. No matter how old she gets, she will always be my baby girl.








Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment