Saturday, June 26, 2010

7 weeks old

Wow, really? Time is seriously flying by. I cant believe that over a month and a half ago, I was in the hospital having this beautiful little miracle...it literally feels like maybe a week ago. Its funny, when you are just a daughter, your parents say things like, "I remember when you were this big. Seems like yesterday, I was holding you in my arms." I was like, "Oh Geeze! So sappy." blah blah blah. You just don't understand what they are feeling when they say things like that...until you experience it yourself. Now I get it. I cant imagine what it is going to feel like when my baby gets married and has a baby of her own.

Anyway, I already posted about her tooth coming in...she isn't too cranky over it, she is drooling more, but nothing too extreme. However, I can tell it is bothering her more and more, especially today. She bites down on her sizzle (pacifier) and then spits it out. I don't know what to do for her because she is still so little, a teething ring is too big for her to chew on. Guess we are just going to have to ride this one out for a little while.

She is officially moving up to 4 oz. We thought she was ready for 3 oz a while back ago, but there were a few bottles that it seemed to be too much for her. She was spitting a lot of it up, so we decreased it back down to 2 oz bottles. But, a couple nights ago, I decided to try giving her 4 oz to see if she would sleep a little longer throughout the night...sure enough, she didn't spit any up, and slept like a baby (no punt intended). I gave her 2 oz this morning, she was fine with that for the most part, but started screaming, I thought it was just cause she was cranky, maybe gassy, so we went on our walk...she dozed off as we got closer to coming back home, but once we got back inside she was awake and crying again, so I changed her bottom and gave her another bottle...she slept for about 2 hours and was ready to eat again. I, again, gave her 2 oz. That apparently wasn't enough *giggle* so we made another bottle and she drank almost the full 2 ounces of that one...now she is sleeping sound again. So, I guess, 2 ounces just isn't quite enough...its on to 4 ounces now. She is my growing little lady bug.

Its hard to keep this as updated as I would like...being a mommy takes up a lot of your time and energy, so although I would like to log every little thing that Miss Kylie does...(like right now, she is starting to wake up and because she lost her sizzle she found her fingers {the same ones I sucked on when I was a baby, the two middle one} and is making cute little sounds)...I just don't quite have the time. I was going to print all these blogs and put them in a binder to make a journal for Kylie, but my printer is being a bit stubborn...so soon, I will have them printed out. I'm also going to make a quilt out of her baby clothes...gotta invest in a sewing machine...and sewing lessons *giggle*. Well, monster is waking up, so I need to wrap up this rambling I'm doing. Until next time......

0 comments:

Post a Comment