Sunday, June 13, 2010

What's on mommy's mind...

I discovered that Kylie is like momma...she gets cold easily. Lol. We were being told that its probably colic, but after researching colic symptoms, I really don't think that's what it is, however, I was feeding her at the beginning thinking that she was crying because she was hungry, I may have been overfeeding her which can cause colic or signs of, but I have gone back to feeding her 2 oz. every 2-4 hours when she is hungry. I have learned what cry she makes when she is hungry, so I'm not mistaken an upset tummy for hunger. Kylie stopped crying every time we bundled her up with extra blankets. Living in the desert, we run the cooler all day long, there fore making it very cold in the house. I didn't run it at all yesterday and she didn't cry except when she was hungry. Apparently, if your cold and cant sleep, you tend to get cranky *sarcasm* Thank Goodness! I'm so glad I figured it out. I hate to see her unhappy. It doesn't feel good when your baby is screaming from discomfort and you feel like nothing you do helps...

Anyway, she is 5 weeks old and getting so big and strong. She holds her head up so well already and when I hold her under her arms, she stands and bounces on her feet. She loves that. I feel like its too soon for her to be able to do that *giggle* I guess I just think of her as the newborn that was just born yesterday though. It all goes by so quickly. I'm glad that I'm able to be home with her and watch her earliest developments. However, I will be going back to work the middle of next month. I'm happy about it, but kinda scared. Lol. How am I going to handle not having my sweet pea near me most of the day? Although, I love the daycare she will be attending. Everyone is so wonderful there and its clean. They spend a lot of one on one quality time with the kids and teach them things. So, even though she wont be home with me working on tummy time, they will be helping her learn to roll over and play. Of course, I'm not going to leave all that up to them, we will work on those things at home as well, but its good to know that she wont be just laying around at some ladies house doing nothing.

July 6th, we will be heading to Pismo Beach! I cant wait. Kylie P's first trip to the beach! Oh my goodness, its going to be a blast. Her aunt, uncle, and cousins from Alaska are coming. They cant wait to meet her. Grandma bought all the grand kids beach toys. She got Kylie a bathing suit, sunglasses with matching hair bows, sandals, and a pail & shovel. I'm a little bummed that she bought Kylie's first swim suit. I wanted to buy things like that for her first...but when I asked Matthew if I could get her a bikini, he said, "Babe, she cant even hardly hold her head up much less swim *laugh*" So, basically that was a no, so I didn't, and then grandma did. Oh well, no big deal I guess. I just hope I can get her something else special first. I don't know what it is about mother's and their first baby...my mom said she knows exactly how I feel, a mother wants to experience buying certain things for their babies first. But, it was sweet of her to think about things like that for the beach...it will be fun, even though Kylie cant play with the shovel and pail, it will be cute props for pictures.

Tomorrow, we are heading to the lake to have pictures done of Kylie. Jocelyn has been waiting for this moment since we found out we were pregnant. Lol. She said she couldn't wait to take maternity pictures for us because we are a fun photogenic couple...and she cant wait to meet Kylie. After seeing her pictures on Facebook, I think she is that much more excited to take pictures of her because she is so cute and photogenic already *wink*. At my baby shower, Jocelyn gave us an outfit for this occasion...its a white onesie with a headband. Has feathers on the flower...its adorable. I cant wait to see the pictures, I know they are going to turn out great. Jocelyn is a wonderful photographer...and a sweet person. Huge Thank You Jocelyn! You can check out her work at her website: http://lykinsphotography.blogspot.com/

Well, I suppose that's everything so far...I mean, I could go on and on...life doesn't stop...but I will save some for the next post *laughing*. Hope everyone is have a great summer so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment