Friday, July 16, 2010

Bottles, Diapers, Keys...adventures of a workin' mommy...

Kylie has been attending Daycare. I started her in there before going back to work, for one, so she could get used to the idea (as well as us) and another reason was so I could get things done around the house...uninterrupted. We have to pay to keep her spot anyway, so might as well use it, right? Anyway, I really like this daycare...its on base, so its clean and professional. They don't just let the kids be lazy, they teach them things, and interact with them...I think that's fantastic. The only complaint I have...and I guess it really isn't a "complaint" its more of an observation...the teachers in Ky's room are a little overly concerned. Don't get me wrong, I want them to take care of her and pay attention to the things that may seem abnormal...but babies spit up and sleep...that's just how they are. One of the girls there said, "I noticed Kylie has been spitting up a lot. Its not something I think is very normal...most babies don't spit up soo much after every feeding. Does she do that at home with you? I was thinking you might want to check with her doctor about acid reflux." I explained to her that I already have talked to the pediatrician because I noticed it also, and they said that as long as Kylie is gaining weight, she is eating, sleeping, and what not...its not something to worry too much about. But if she is loosing weight or acting out of her normal state, then bring her in. I explained this a few weeks ago...but the day care keeps bringing it up as a concern of theirs. I appreciate it, but I'm a good mom, Matthew is a wonderful dad, and if there was a problem, we would most definitely take her in and find a way to take care of it. One day, Matthew picked her up, and they were worried because she slept for about 3 hours while she was there...Well, that's what babies do. They sleep...a lot. Lol. She is only 2 months old...she is a growing girl and needs her beauty sleep. I think she was finally able to sleep so long there because she is getting used to it...before, she couldn't fall asleep because it is a different surrounding, new people, screaming babies all around her. Not something she was used to before. All in all though, I really do like this daycare. I trust them with my daughter, and that's a big deal.

Kylie is still trying to break that little tooth through...it causes her a significant amount of pain at times, I can tell. Breaks my heart that I cant do much for her. She doesn't like the teething rings, the gel doesn't seem to numb it long enough to make using it worth while...so, I guess its just something we all three have to ride out. *pout*

I'm back to work, and I enjoy having a break from the house...get some outside social time...some extra income...its nice. I just miss the hell out of my little girl though. It is so exciting to get off work and get to pick her up from daycare and come home to daddy. It's the highlight of my day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment