Monday, March 1, 2010

30 Week Check Up

Baby Check up went great today. I have gained 22lbs. Kylie is as healthy and beautiful as ever...I cant believe how quickly her due date is creeping up on us. Not that I'm complaining, I so look forward to meeting our love bug. Im so giddy! I got to see her precious little face today. She is about 3 lbs. 7 oz. Found out that Im slightly anemic but everything else is perfect. Kylie is facing the front of my tummy (head down), meaning I am carrying her in my back (her back is laying on my back) and that is the cause of my pain and discomfort all the time, lol, but I love her so its worth it.
So, before and during my pregnancy, I have heard the "what you should expect" stories...or "whats typical" but, honestly, my personal experiences are, for the most part, nothing like most womens. I haven't craved anything out of the ordinary. I ate grilled cheese sandwiches often, and chips and salsa, but those aren't anything I didn't eat before pregnancy and I don't eat much more than I did before either...I don't use the "I'm eating for two" excuse...baby girl doesn't need much food for proper nutrition, so my advice (if wanted) don't over indulge if you don't want to gain too much weight. One thing that is a bit unusual, I used to be mildly lactose intolerant, but the whole pregnancy I have had no problems with drinking a glass of milk. Oh, I do remember, one morning, I woke up at 2am thinking about milkshakes, lol, I was thinking about stopping by McDonald's, on my way to work at 5am, to get a shake...but what kind, Strawberry or Vanilla? Lol, 2 in the morning, and this is what was on my mind...Ridiculous! Then, I was worried that at 5 in the morning, will McDonald's even have their icecream machine put together and ready??? It was so funny. Needless to say, I didn't go to McDonald's, later in the morning I called my husband and had him bring me a Strawberry Shake from there. He was so Amazing to bring it to me even though the line for the drive thru was to the street. But that's the only time I ever had the "midnight craving."
My face broke out really bad in the beginning, but I think a HUGE part was my job and stress...now its cleared up and I feel much better about myself. Hormones! Hormones ain't got nothin' on me. Lol. I have been pretty happy for the most part, I don't cry over everything or get overly angry about stupid things and pick a fight with my husband. I hear about all these women who do crazy things because of "hormones". I remember in the beginning, I was miserable with the constant morning sickness, my husband would say something that maybe I would take the wrong way and have a slight (to me) attitude...instead of my husband understanding that I am pregnant and probably not going to take things the way they were meant to be taken...he decides to get an attitude back, "I'm just not going to say anything anymore." What the hell is that? Lol. I would tell him, "Do you honestly think that makes the situation any better?" He said, "Well, I don't know what you want me to do...I feel like everything I say pisses you off." I told him to hug me or something because rolling his eyes and making snide comments or remarks just makes it worse. So, a few days later, I'm trying to get the I-Pod cord untangled from my purse on the floor of the car and put the I-Pod where I usually do, and my husband says, you can just set the I-Pod right here...I snapped a bit and said, "Working on it!" he quickly leans over and hugs me. I couldn't help but laugh...it was the cutest thing...and it broke the negative mood. After the first trimester misery passed, so did the bitchiness. haha!
I recently experienced Braxton Hicks. I think I have felt it before but passed it off as Kylie just pushing against the entire face of my belly...but the other night I was thinking, maybe its not her...so I looked up Braxton Hicks and what they are described to feel like...pretty sure that's what I'm feeling, and my daughter thinks its funny to make mommys tummy look hilarious *giggle*. So, anywho, that's my pregnancy experience so far.
* Oh PS. my husband thinks the Where's Waldo books are pretty much AMAZING! Lol!

0 comments:

Post a Comment