Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You might think Im overly prepared...

I have the diaper bag all packed and ready for Kylie's arrival. I know, I know, 7 weeks still to go, why would I already have all that done? Umm, well you see, I got the diaper bag and a bunch of stuff at my first baby shower, which made me excited and I wanted to put it together *giggle* Its how I am...I'm very ahead of the game and organized. I put Kylie's "First Picture" outfit in there and her "Going Home" outfit in there. Her first picture is going to be in this cute ladybug outfit. Oh my goodness. I cant wait to see her in it. I don't have my hospital bag packed already, so I'm not that crazy *wink*


Diaper Bag Checklist:

♥Diapers: Take more than you think you'll need, as many as one for every hour of your outing. Yep, you read that right.
♥Small box of wipes: These aren't just for baby's bum, but for wiping down the changing pad and your hands, too.
♥A foldaway changing pad (most diaper bags come with one)
♥A small tube of diaper-rash cream
♥2 burp cloths for burping, wiping faces, mopping up spit-up, and other messes
♥1 receiving blanket in case you need to put your baby down, or it gets suddenly chilly
♥An extra sweater, shirt, pants, and pair of socks for baby
♥A sun hat
♥Baby sunscreen (if baby is younger than 6 months, keep him out of direct sunlight; apply sunscreen only when necessary)
♥Baby's bottle, if she uses one. Make sure you give her pumped milk within 10 hours of taking it out of the fridge.
♥If you're using formula, bring a bottle with dry formula already in it, or try single portion packets.
♥At least one toy
♥A favorite comfort object, like a lovey
♥A bib
♥Two extra pacifiers (if you use them) stored in a clean plastic bag
♥A few large plastic bags for sealing and tossing dirty diapers or for taking home soiled clothes.
♥A cell phone for emergencies
♥A business card or an index card with your name, address, and phone number, in case the bag gets lost
♥An index card with numbers for the pediatrician, a neighbor, and one where your spouse or baby's grandparents can be reached
♥Bonus item: An extra shirt for you. Unexpected spit-up happens when it's least convenient.

0 comments:

Post a Comment