Saturday, April 10, 2010

I can see the finish line...

I see the finish line, but why does it seem like its still so far away? And why do I feel so indecisive?
I love having my daughter as close as a person can get. I love feeling her move inside my tummy, and I know that once she is born, time is going to fly by (which by the way, kinda makes me sad and scared...I don't wanna miss a single moment, and I want to hold her in my arms forever...pretty sure that feeling is normal). We have long, and most likely frustrating, nights ahead of us, and yet I'm still so impatient and want her out now. Again, pretty sure all these feelings are completely normal.
Yesterday was a rough day for me physically and mentally. I was washing the 4 maternity shirts I own, but my husband and I had to run errands, so I threw on a halter top (from before pregnancy). I felt like it was too small for me to be wearing, but Matthew assured me that I looked great, so I figured, lets just go get our grocery shopping done and over with. Feeling like a baby hippo, I was getting kinda emotional.
While checking out at the store, the cashier was cracking jokes. The one day someone doesn't have a problem messing with a pregnant woman, I'm not in the mood for it. Lol. If it was any other day, I would have been busting up laughing and cracking jokes with her, but not yesterday, however, I feel I handled it very well. I laughed (fake laugh of course) and smiled. I knew she didn't mean anything bad by it, and she didn't know what I was feeling. Plus, being an older woman, I'm sure she has a couple of kids and she knows what its like.
Throughout the pregnancy, I haven't been one for getting all crazy. Don't have wild cravings, or flip out over things...I have been pretty upbeat and happy. I think I'm just at the point where I'm officially tired of being BIG, nothing fitting, sleep is getting more and more difficult, and I cant get comfortable for nothing. I find that after walking for a few minutes, I start getting this sharp pain/cramp in my right side. I asked my doctors office about it, they said that it could just be a round ligament that is stretched or pulled which is common in pregnancy. As long as the baby is still moving and seems to be fine, just take it easy and it shouldn't be anything to worry about.
So...today is a much better day...not feeling like a cry baby hippo. *giggle*

1 comments:

Scarlett O'Hara

You're almost there! Hang in there! :)

Post a Comment