Thursday, May 13, 2010

5 days old...already???


Well, I'm recovering nicely...still a little sore. No one told me that you continue to have contractions even after the baby is born, lol...so ladies with their first baby on the way heads up! Anyway, I tried breast feeding. I toughed it out for the first few days, I just couldn't do it. It hurt sooo bad that I was freaking out in tears. Poor baby girl was starving and so she was attached to my boobs almost 24/7. I called the hospital to ask why, they said that it was normal and to continue doing it...yeah right...it was not normal, even though my milk hadn't come in yet, she shouldn't have been that hungry all the time. We started her on formula and she was back to her happy self. I would be cranky too if I was being starved. Stupid hospital! Think they know everything...they are so gun hoe about breast feeding and anti-formula they don't focus on the best interest of the baby. Anyway, my mothers instinct kicked in, and everything is all better.


She is so funny, so full of character and personality already. She was in her daddy's arms and she lifted up her head, set it on his shoulder, took his shirt into her mouth, sucked on it with a little kissing sound, looked at him in the corner of her eye, and sucked again. *laughing* Adorable! She sleeps pretty well at night, however, she wont sleep in her crib, so she sleeps with us...but we need to break her of that before it gets outta hand.

Kylie had her first check up yesterday. Dr. said that she is a little Jaundice...its not bad enough that she will have to go under the lights, and its actually quite common in newborns. 50% of babies show a little Jaundice after the first few days. But, it makes me sad that she has to have her blood taken daily for testing to see if it clears up on its own. Daily?! Poor thing :( We gotta do what we gotta do to make sure she is healthy and safe. We just heart her sooo much! :o) Now, daddy is watching the chipmunks with her...its his movie from when he was a kid...makes me smile ear to ear...cant even handle it. My daddy is on his way to meet his grand daughter today...IM SO EXCITED! He loves the heck out of her already, he is probably gonna cry when he sees her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment