Friday, May 7, 2010

Update...

I was so hoping that Kylie would be born on May 7th, and I think our daughter was listening to mommy. Today, I just lost my mucus plug...talk about a trip. I thought it was leakage from my bladder...in other words, I straight thought I was peeing my pants in bed *giggle*. But, it turns out, when you loose your mucus plug, there is a lot of fluid with the discharge...it was actually really quite disgusting. So what now??? Do I just keep active and hope to go into labor today? I know that it can be a few days or even another week before you go into labor after loosing the plug. I still haven't been having painful contractions. I think they are all braxton hicks contractions. Well, needless to say, I'm going to continue to take my walks, I'm working on laundry right now, and who knows...see what happens. Com'mon Kylie Girl! *smile*
In most cases the mucous plug usually comes out after having a cervical examination and obviously sometimes it just comes out by itself. Either way, this does not give any indication as to when labor may begin. It should of course also be said that not every women who is pregnant will even experience losing the mucous plug either.
In some pregnancies labor starts a few days afterwards and in other cases it doesn’t start for a few weeks. There really is no way we can suggest any pattern or consistency in the timing of when you lose your mucous plug to when labor starts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment