Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Whats up buttercup...

Yesterday, Kylie had her 2 week check up. The doctor says that she is doing great, healthy beautiful baby girl. She weighs 8lbs. 3oz. now, and is 20.5 inches long. My growing girl. I cant believe its already been over 2 weeks...where does the time go. My check up was about a week ago, the doctor said that everything looks to be healing well, however, the reason its taking so long for me to recover and comfortably is because I tore a little towards the cliterus...Ouch...yeah, its not pleasant, I'm glad that he preformed an Episiotomy, because if I had torn anymore, that would be pretty miserable. But, now I'm feeling much better...able to get up and down without as much pain. I lost most of the baby weight...only 11lbs more than my before pregnancy weight...not too shabby...shouldn't take long to lose that. *wink*

Kylie has been sleeping mostly in her own crib, but occasionally, we still put her in bed with us. I think its more the fact that we are tired and don't want to wait patiently in her room to rock her to sleep and place her in her crib...its easier to put her in bed with us and she is out like a light, as are we *giggle* but eventually, we will be caught up on our sleep more so than we are now, and hopefully we can get a routine down so that she sleeps on her own. We switched her to soy based formula. Poor thing was having the runs and crying with gas pain, but since we have changed to soy, she seems to be doing much better. She is still drinking 2oz. about every 2-3 hours...but I think she is almost ready to bump up to 4oz. Kylie is still a very happy baby. She rarely ever cries. She even smiles...I know I know, probably just gas, but I swear sometimes, its a genuine smile, and I have to say, my heart melts every time. She has so much character. Her facial expressions crack me up...she is just like her daddy...loaded with personality.

Daddy is going back to work this weekend. We are going to miss having him around all the time, but the schedule that he is going on isn't so bad...we will still have family time, so I'm not worried. I love how wonderful my husband is, and our daughter is our world and more. With some of our bumps in the road lately, I cant really stay angry at the world when I have such a beautiful and amazing life. Looking at my cute little family puts a big smile on my face. I'm very lucky to have what I have, and I don't take it for granted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment